TITLE: Marketing Manager
AVAILABLE: June 1, 2017
POSITION SUMMARY: Madison Opera, now finishing its 56th season, seeks a highly-organized professional to manage all aspects of the company’s marketing and communications. The Marketing Manager handles all promotional and public relations activities, whether online, in print, or in person. He / she maintains a superior
level of professionalism, accuracy, courtesy, and efficiency in interactions with varied constituencies.
• Plan, budget, and implement all of Madison Opera’s promotional efforts, including but not limited to print, online, radio, and television advertising, direct mail campaigns, posters, e-blasts, and the season brochure.
• Manage public relations, including but not limited to writing press releases, engaging media, scheduling interviews, and updating calendar listings.
• Manage the content and design of Madison Opera’s website, updating regularly.
• Maintain and create content for Madison Opera’s social media accounts.
• Manage all elements of performance playbills, including design, acquisition of content, and supervision of ad sales and trades.
• Organize and maintain the company’s media archives; hire photographer and videographer for all performances; provide work samples for grant applications.
• Collaborative help with general office and event management, including, but not limited to, performances, fundraisers, and cultivation events.
• Additional projects as assigned by the General Director.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in marketing and communications
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• High computer literacy and ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Strong organizational skills with a great attention to detail
• Polished interpersonal presence
• Ability to work and think independently, as well as in collaboration with others
• Ability to plan and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure
• Willingness to learn and be proactive
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
• Passion for opera / music / theater (extensive knowledge of opera is not required)
• Functional knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator
• Driver’s license and car
Must be available to work for extended weekend and evening hours during production and event periods.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Full-time, salaried position, non-exempt. Medical / dental, long-term disability, life insurance, and retirement plan.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.