Join Madison Opera staff for entertaining and informative previews about each upcoming opera. Each multimedia preview is only one hour long.
Previews for Beethoven's Fidelio will be at:
• Sun Prairie Library | Tuesday, Oct. 28 | 6:30pm
• Madison Central Library | Wednesday, Oct. 29 | 7pm
Previews for Sondheim's Sweeney Todd will be at:
• Sun Prairie Library | Tuesday, Jan. 13 | 6:30pm
• Madison Central Library | Wednesday, Jan. 21 | 7pm
• Waunakee Public Library | Tuesday, Jan. 27 | 7pm
• Fitchburg Public Library | Wednesday, Jan. 28 | 6:30pm
Previews for Rossini's The Barber of Seville will be at:
• Waunakee Public Library | Tuesday, Mar. 31 | 7pm
• Fitchburg Public Library | Wednesday, Apr. 8 | 6:30pm
• Madison Central Library | Tuesday, Apr. 14 | 7pm
• Sun Prairie Library | Wednesday, Apr. 15 | 6:30pm
Admission: Free, no reservations required.
Join General Director Kathryn Smith one hour prior to all Madison Opera performances for an entertaining and informative talk about the opera. Insightful for newcomers and longtime opera-goers alike, this half-hour talk will give you a behind-the-scenes look at the opera, right before the curtain goes up.
Note: The Fidelio pre-opera talk will be held in the lecture hall of Madison Museum of Contemporary Art, which is part of the Overture Center complex. The pre-opera talks for Sweeney Todd and The Barber of Seville will be held in the Wisconsin Studio on the 3rd floor of the Overture Center for the Arts.
You’ve seen the opera and loved it. But are you perhaps wondering about...? Join General Director Kathryn Smith immediately after the Overture Hall productions to ask questions about what you have just seen.