The Madison Opera High School Apprenticeship Program offers high school students the unique opportunity to explore and experience the world of professional opera. With behind-the-scenes access to rehearsals and performances, one-on-one interaction with professional artists and industry experts, and guidance on training and higher education programs, the apprentices receive a thorough introduction to the production process and careers in the performing arts. Since its inception in 2008, over sixty students from the Dane County region have participated in the High School Apprenticeship Program. Many former Apprentices have gone on to sing with the Madison Opera Chorus and even in solo roles.
Madison Opera selects motivated junior and seniors in high school with a passion for learning about opera. The application process does not require an audition or fee, and the program is offered free of charge, generously underwritten by Madison Opera's supporters.
For more information about the High School Apprenticeship program, contact the Madison Opera office at (608) 238-8085 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Apprentices will have the opportunity to:
• meet and dine with distinguished guest artists
• attend rehearsals and performances
• participate in master classes and workshops
• attend Opera Novice and Opera Up Close previews
• speak with Madison Opera staff and crew on working in the opera industry
• participate in backstage tours of the Overture Center
• have a great time while learning about what it takes to bring an opera to life!
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY HAS PASSED
For more information or questions, please contact the Madison Opera office at (608) 238-8085 or email@example.com